- Apple Cider, enough to fill the croc pot (I get a gallon if available). If you can get local pressed it is the best. Avoid plain apple juice unless no alternative
- ~Tbsp Whole Allspice
- ~Tbsp Whole Cloves
- Whole Cinnamon sticks, 3-6 or as to taste.
- 1 Orange with rind, cut in slices. Alternately, add just the rind.
Cook on low for at least six hours. I usually prepare it in the morning and it is perfect before bed.
October one; cue brisk autumn breeze. Cooler weather puts me in a creative mood, and invariably with it comes a craving for my favorite hot drink.
Spiced Hot Apple Cider
- 2Q – 1 Gal. apple cider (not juice).
- 2 – 4 slices orange with rind (or just the rinds).
- ~tsp whole clove
- ~tsp whole allspice
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks.
Add all to crock-pot, heat on low for six hours (or longer), or on high for a few hours if you are short on time. Sometimes I put the cloves and allspice in a spice ball, but it seems to turn out best if I just let it float with the orange slices.
For the grown up version, try a touch of Cointreau or Triple sec to your mug when served.